Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E Main Street
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications)
or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (In-Person or Zoom Meeting Access)
Public testimony will be accepted for both general public forum items and agenda items.
Please complete the online Public Testimony Form (ashland.or.us/Council),
for WRITTEN and ELECTRONIC testimony only. Indicate on the Public Testimony Form if you wish to provide WRITTEN testimony, or if you wish to speak ELECTRONICALLY during the meeting.
Please submit your testimony no later than 10 a.m. the day of the meeting.
6 p.m. Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgement**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S/CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Update 5G Ordinance
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES ***
- Minutes of the November 6, 2023 – Study Session Meeting
- Minutes of November 3, 2023 – Special Business Meeting
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- Fire and Police Citizen Lifesaving Award Presentation
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes – Public input or comment on City business not included on the agenda)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Liquor License for Go Bowled LLC at 1469 Siskiyou Boulevard
- Public Arts Committee Appointment
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Resolution- 2023-26 BN 23-25 Budget Transfer
- Amend Resolution 2023-06 to Change the Forest Lands Standing Advisory
- Special Procurement contract with Lomakatsi Restoration Project for Forestry Services
- First Reading – 3227 – An ordinance allowing Alcohol Use in Parks
- NEW BUSINESS
- First Quarter Financial Update
- City Charter Amendments for May Election
- Shelter Goals
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Contract for Fire and Rescue Ambulance
- First Reading Prohibited Camping Ordinance
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager’s office at 541.488.6002 (TTY phone number 1.800.735.2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K’wakhakha – “Where the Crow Lights” – that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland Council, Commission and Committee meetings may be found at the City website, ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp.