Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E Main Street
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime. HELD HYBRID (In-Person or Zoom Meeting Access). For written public testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony. For public oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder at email@example.com
5:00 PM Executive Session
The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session for the following:
- To conduct deliberations with persons the City of Ashland has designated to negotiate real property transactions pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e).
- Consultation with the City Attorney on current or likely litigation pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(h).
6 p.m. Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgement**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S/CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES ***
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- Park and Recreation Commissions – Annual Report and 2023-2025 BN Budgets
- City Priorities Presentation
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes) (Public input or comment from the audience on City business not included on the agenda.)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Climate and Environment Policy Committee (CEPAC) Appointments
- Approval of Liquor License Request for Martollis Hand Tossed Pizza
- PUBLIC HEARINGS (Hearings shall conclude at 8:00 p.m. and be continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.)
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- City Council Election to Fill Councilor Vacancies
- NEW BUSINESS
1. Resolution 2023-06 Updating and Consolidating Prior Resolutions Establishing City Council and Management Advisory Committees
2. Resolution 2023-05 Supplement 2021-2023 BN Budget Amendment
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Safety Training Contract for Public Works Department
- Safety Training Contract for Electric Utility Department
- Resolution 2023-04, Recology Ashland Solid Waste & Recycling Rate Adjustment
- Ordinance 3216, Second Reading and Findings – Food Truck Amendments
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- Ad Hoc Committee on Childcare & Early Childhood Development
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager’s office at 541.488.6002 (TTY phone number 1.800.735.2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K’wakhakha – “Where the Crow Lights” – that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland Council, Commission and Committee meetings may be found at the City website, ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp.