ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E Main Street
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications)
or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (In-Person or Zoom Meeting Access)
For written public testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org
using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony
n – The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session for the following:
- To conduct deliberations with persons the City of Ashland has designated to negotiate real property transactions pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e).
- Consultation with the City Attorney on current or likely litigation pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(h).
6:00 P.M. Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgement**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S/CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL MINUTES ***
- Minutes of the May 1, 2023, Study Session and Citizens’ Budget Committee
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes) (Public input or comment from the audience on City business not included on the agenda.)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Housing and Human Services Advisory Committee Appointments
- Climate and Environment Policy Advisory Committee Appointment
- Planning Commission Appointment
- Liquor License Approval for CU2.0 (DBA “Resistance Wine Company”) at 322 Pioneer St. N.
- Liquor License Approval for Pasta Piatti, Inc. (DBA “Pie & Vine “) at 358 E. Main St.
- Liquor License Approval for White House “Bridal, Inc. (DBA “Charlotte’s Weddings“) at 37 N. Main St.
- Liquor License Approval for Sauce Whole Foods Café at 1640 Ashland St.
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Emergency Traffic Routes and Non-Congregate City Facilities Security Camera Policy
- Class Special Procurement Sourcing Method Approval for Asphalt Patching
- Class Special Procurement Sourcing Method Approval for City Bulk Fuel
- Class Special Procurement Sourcing Method Approval for Firefighter Health and Cancer Screenings
- Class Special Procurement Sourcing Method Approval for SNF Polydyne (Liquid Polymer)
- Class Special Procurement Sourcing Method Approval for Vehicle and Equipment Repairs and Maintenance
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Resolution 2023-09 Adopting Financial Management Policy Updates
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- 2023-2025 BN Budget Funding Priorities
- Early Learning Ad Hoc Committee
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager’s office at 541.488.6002 (TTY phone number 1.800.735.2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K’wakhakha – “Where the Crow Lights” – that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland Council, Commission and Committee meetings may be found at the City website, ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp.